Adventure Kings rooftop tents are becoming incredibly popular these days, and the three different styles of roof top tents we sell here at 4WD Supacentre are all ridiculously good value. Whether you like the simplicity of the Weekender, the extra out-of-the-elements space of the Tourer or the clever new hardshell Kwiky rooftop tent, one of them is guaranteed to change the way you camp for the better. We’ve spent years and years, hundreds upon hundreds of collective nights, camping out of our Adventure Kings rooftop tents all in the name of field-testing them for research and development purposes.
Here’s eight things about your roof top tent that we know for a fact, that often get glossed over.
- YOU CAN STILL FIT THEM TO BIG 4WDS WITH MEGA LIFTS: The main concern here is the length of the ladder. Our roof top tents come with high-quality alloy ladders that will suit up to a 4inch lift on most vehicles. However, if you have a 4WD that’s bigger again, we sell a ladder extension that will suit almost any size 4WD.
- YOU CAN KEEP ALL YOUR SLEEPING GEAR UP IN THEM: There’s nothing worse than having to un-make your bed every morning when you pack your tent up! That’s a thing of the past with a roof top tent as they’re big enough to keep your sleeping bag and pillows stored up in them while they’re folded away. That makes setting up and packing up camp even quicker and keeps your storage space inside your vehicle free for other things.
- ROOFTOP TENTS ARE A GOD-SEND ON HOT NIGHTS: Sweating through a hot night’s sleep out at camp sucks, but that’s where a Adventure Kings rooftop tents comes into its own. By being up off the ground, you get away from the heat that the sun has drilled into the earth all day. You also have the ability to feel any of those beautiful night-time breezes because you’re up higher.
- OUR ROOFTOP TENTS ARE EVEN BETTER ON COLD NIGHTS: We’ve camped down in the High Country in minus -5°C windchill weather with snow all around, and with a good sleeping bag we were toasty inside our roof top tent! The Adventure Kings rooftop tent range is all made from beautiful thick canvas that provides excellent shelter on even the coldest night.
- THEY’RE BIG ENOUGH TO FIT THE WHOLE FAMILY! If you take the tin lids camping with you, you’ll love the ability to turn your Adventure Kings Tourer roof top tent into a true full-family campsite simply by attaching the fully-enclosed anexe. It zips on in less than 30 seconds, and with the corners pegged down you’ve got heaps of internal room for sleeping, or just a big private area for getting changed while standing up. Luxury!
- SETUP IN A MINUTE – PACK UP IN TWO: There’s nothing worse than struggling your way through setting up camp, especially when all your mates have already finished and are sitting down having a coldie around the campfire. Set up any of the Adventure Kings roof top tents in minutes thanks to their clever design. The Kwiky is the best of the lot, but even setting up the Tourer with the included annexe room takes barely more than five minutes.
- THEY ACTUALLY DON’T EFFECT FUEL ECONOMY OR VEHICLE HANDLING: We’ve heard from many people that they are avoiding a Adventure Kings rooftop tents because they’re worried it’ll make their vehicle use more fuel, or handle worse. The truth is, roof top tents do neither! Mount your Adventure Kings rooftop tents at the rear of the vehicle on a roof top tent rack and it’ll sit down nice and protected out of the wind buffer zone. And honestly – unless you drive like a wally, you won’t notice any difference to vehicle handling, either.
- YOU’LL NEVER LOOK BACK AFTER THE FIRST NIGHT’S CAMPING: After just one night’s camping in your Adventure Kings roof top tent, you’ll never want to go back to any other type of campsite accommodation! Between the ease of setup and pack up, how comfortable they are, and just how good a night’s sleep you get, you’ll fall in love with your rooftop tent and just want to camp out of it time and time again.